Anime North 2012 Recap
Alright so it's been like a week, here's my update on AN!! To be honest, it was not that great this year. Lots of problems with the con itself, plus I had some personal issues going on SIGH~ and, amongst the everything, I ended up not really getting any pictures........ OTL
So...... LOL;;;;;;; But I did manage to find a few taken by other people! (Put all the pics at the bottom of this entry) And I have plenty of shout outs.Friday
This is what was the first downfall of the con. While I was at my table Friday, a friend of mine who was on staff came by and told me that there were "10 times" the amount of people outside waiting in line, that there were inside! I heard some people even had a three hour wait in line. Brutal. I was very lucky to have met a friend that was in line, so I was able to jump ahead, or I probably wouldn't have made it in on time on Friday. I really think dealers as well as artist alley folk should have priority getting in over regular attendees. (We have to pick up our pre-reg badge before getting in) The organization in general was TERRRIBLE this year! The lines were being made by telling people to go around single chairs... really? That's how you're going to try and organize 15,000 people?? Furthermore... in previous years all of our con gear was given to us in a nice bag with "Anime North" printed on it, with all the papers already in there, stuff like that. Badges were pre-made. This year everything was given to you seperately, the bags look like they came from the grocery store, and from what I heard, they ran out of those badge holders (the ones tht go around your neck) so I heard a lot of horror stories with people losing their badges. I also heard on Friday night, people who paid full price for pre-reg were turned away at the door!! Seriously... terrible. If AN can't handle all those people, they need to either 1.) lower their attendance cap or 2.) give this con to some people who actually KNOW what they're doing. Anime North, if you didn't know, is a volunteer-ran con. Which is why it's always organized soooo poorly. Seriously... this con needs to be put in the hands of different people.
Also when I was setting up. it appears they got new tables, which were WAY too wide for my clamps, so, I needed to end up getting new clamps. At the beginning of the con. Damn if I didn't have my mom on base I'd seriously be fucked.
Now... here's something else... I want to get into. Maybe I'll seem like a poor sport, but I want to stand up for what I believe in. Upon leaving the con Friday night, I passed the table that had all the Anime North merchandise, like the t-shirts, mugs, bags, etc. I saw everyone I know's entry on everything... but I didn't see either one of my entries anywhere. I'd even see people who bought those bags that simply had the "anime north" logo on them and NO picture...
Maybe this seems stuck up of me, but I really don't think my entries were THAT BAD to not have been at least put on a button or a mug or ...anything. The winning entry (~Akimiya
) and the runner-ups (=ikeda
) were all very deserving of their spots. But I thought at least one out of the two of my entries I submitted would've been put on... SOMETHING. Did anyone see it? Anywhere? Not going to lie, I'm a little bit disappointed by that.
Okay, so that's my tidbit about the con. >_>; Uh, sales weren't too good Friday, because like I said: 10x the amout of people were outside, so, 10x less the amount of sales, I GUESS, lol.
Friday night I pretty much just went back and crashed. I reeeeally wanted to do karaoke, like I have for the past 2 years, but I got a terrible cough before the con so I wasn't able too. Quite sad about that. ;~; Next year for suuuure!!Saturday
This was a much better day!! So happy I got to meet so many people... ;7; Though I feel like a lot of the time I ran off a lot, heh. ;;; Sorry if you came by and I wasn't there. I WAS SWAYED BY ALL THE MAGIC AROUND ME. Speaing of which, I enjoyed the dealer's room this year. Everyone's always like, "bleh, dealer's room sucked this year", but I liked it. And the crafter's corner, too!! Aaah, everyone's starting to make like, amazing lolita/fairy-kei accessories, and I love that hahahaha...;;;; So, probably sucky for other people, but good for me~!
Saturday night, we went to Sushi Dragon (weeb supreme) with
, Ichi, and our friend Mike. UUUUU GOT SO MUCH SASHIMI AND ROLLS ;7; Rolls rolls rolls rolls....... /////// Was pretty good. I should've taken pictures BUT ALAS. I took no goddamn pictures that weekend.
However I DID GET A VIDEO~? Hold up.
After Sushi Dragon, Morwen (~MorwenHelyanwe
) and I went to a friend's party. Drank a bit~ we thought it was going to be a really intense crazy party, but we got there after the crazy had left pretty much, so it ended up being very chill heheh~ here's a video ummmm hee: magical-lolita-ocean.tumblr.co…
Alllll the way home, stumbling lopsidedly.... we sang pony songs really.. REALLY loudly. Ah god it was fun. We were really annoying LOOOL.
Got home... crashed.Sunday
.....Worst. Worst day of con. Worst day of con in MY LIFE. ABSOLUTE. Three things happened, one of them I can actually share.
For some reason, Sunday, they really cracked down managing shit. I don't know if something happened, but a girl came by and kicked Morwen out from behind my table... she was really pushy about it. And it was really stressful on me since I desperately needed to finish commissions and Ichi was STILL IN BED so he wasn't there to help me manage it. I know it wasn't the girl's fault, though. She even came by after and apologized. But I really think Anime North... they need to change some things. I think one artist should have more than one person behind their table. I don't even understand what the big deal is, anyway? Anyway, gosh, that was really stressful, and kind of scary, since they threatened to kick me out. u_u;
Besides that, like I said there was a lot of crazy personal things going on and there were a few instances where I got upset and I needed Ichi to take over my table. I got some messages from people on here, thank you for the concerns. ;///; I specifically need to apologize to
since you came by when I wasn't really in the greatest of moods, I seriously wish we could've talked more, you looked super cute and sweet, and thank you so much for stopping by. ;7; But despite all of the problems happening this day, seeing people happy to see me, signing prints, and talking with you guys made it all worth while!! I'm so happy to have wonderful followers like you. You all give me so much strength.Shout Outs
- UUUuuuuuu GODDDDD I MEANT TO COME BACK and I never did! I wanted to do a print trade or at least buy something, since you had so much amazing stuff this year oh goddd. ;~; It was such a hectic con for me. If you're going to Otakuthon, I'll see you then!! It'll be much less busy for me. TT 7 TT
- WEHHHHH why didn't I stop by your table more properlyyyyyyyyyy ;7;!!!! Oh well, Otakuthon, right???<3 Omg, you're such a cutie.... when you came by, you were like, "I'm ___". "wut?" "I'm fun tea." ......Fun tea? ....who the fuck is funtea WAIT LOL PHOONTYYYYYYYYYYY SJDFSNKJ omg I regret not snagging more off you heh. ////; See you at Otakuthonnnn!!! <3
- Okay, she'll never see this but HEH. I was next to her in the artist alley. She was so sparkly... and nice. uwu And I wish I could've said something to her but I didn't have the balls heee;;;;
- Looking stylish and beautiful as always SIGHHH ;7; I didn't get the chance to talk to you much, you always looked so busy....! ////
- HIMEEEE~~ wahhh godd so sweet always! I'm so happy I FINALLY got to trade with you, your art is so charming, I adore it!! ;7; I wasn't going to say this there, but, /ahem/. I tried very hard to keep my space behind my table nice at neat since knowing you, Kai, and Hitsu (as well as Sakimichan too actually) were going to be surrounding me, I knew you guys would be busy and needed the room! So. LOOL that's why I tried to be so neat this year, usually I'm a complete disaster HEH;;;;; So happy to see you though, you look radiant as always.
- UMMM SIGH SPEAKING OF RADIANCE ;///;~~~ So lovely omg, I'm so happy I got to pick up your art book too! Definitely one of the best purchases over the weekend... and the prints!! Thank you so much for doing a print trade with me, such an honor. ;7; I guess... I'll see you at AX! <3
- ....Saw her.... didn't have the balls to go talk to her LOL. crai
- jdngkfjg i'm so angry i didn't come by and get something from you! You always looked so busy. I really wanted your magical girl print hmmm ;///; Thank you so much for stopping by though aaaahhgh I feel really bad for not doing the same. I hope to see you soon.
- WEH so sad I didn't see you more!!! Were gonna hang out soon though! It's a promise! I LAAAV YOU
- wehh so happy to finally meet you! we'll have more time to chat at Otakuthon, ok??
Thank you so much for the stickers, I LOVE THEM ;7;
- Wehh I almost forgot!! Such an honor to print trade with you! I had your print just laying on my bag in the back, and some people came by saying like, "omg where did you get that it's gorgeous" heeh :''DALSO.... my sincerest apologies
go out to the guy who wanted my last Pokemon print that was up on my stand......... god, that was terrible. I was taking it down and I FUCKING RIPPED IT IIIUGIUHHJOIGFH;;;;; I should've just given it to you for free, but it slipped my mind. I'm sorry, man. OTL
And ofc the usuals/randoms:
GhostyToasty(ty for the ramune, it's still in my fridge and I haven't drank it yet um sorry LOLLL), as well as Lanii and Cadney from tumblr. AND Pinku project!! Oh, and
as well, Ily! <3
There were maaany many many people I met this weekend... ah, Cheshire too, as well as Pikuchii, I think it was.. I can't remember, but there were a lot of peeeople...;;
Oh, thank you to
for the choclate!!
And thank you to... the girls who came and gave me and Morwen oreos! I think. x'D Thank you!
Thank you Selly, derpdoodle, and machii-chan as well for the fanart! AND THANK YOU SAM/STALKER for just being you, and you're wonderful cute cute friends and your adorable little sister! You're always the highlight of my con, ALWAYS.
Thank you everyone who stopped by ;7;!! There are too many people to name!Loot/Photos
Like I said, I didn't get ANY pictures of ANYTHING, so all of these pictures are taken courtesy of other people. Well, mostly, cept for these loot photos:
Top pic: All of my print trade stuff! *hitsukuya
gave me a ton of her prints! I also got her artbook but it isn't shown in this pic. Prints are from *Jiayi
, and *Phoonty
Bottom pic: Kapibarasan doll given to me courtesy of a good friend, as well as a necklace from kumacrafts (which can barely be seen). I also got a baby alpaca which isn't shown here, damn cutest thing ever, thank you ~yanimator
for letting me haggle btw haha;;; There's also a ring there that *AikasCupcake
got for me even though a piece broke of of it, crai. The two garments is a dress and salopette from Pinkly Ever After. The salopette was given to me for drawing their picture (the Pinkly Ever After one). I love their stuff sooo much ;7; I also got their single, Robin is both a designer and part of their dance/idol group, Pinku Project. They're amazing!! ;7;
And now, pics from the con!!
This was the ONLY pic I ended up getting of my stand, courtesy of Sakura's dad. Again, completely forgot..........
Me at my table:
, me (being a pimp? um LOL) and
Me and Robin of Pinku Project, both wearing her Dots Dots Desu dress!
Cadney, me, and Lanii from tumblr all wearing our Mahou-kei wigs from Kyandi.
I guess that's it : D I had... a good time! Yes, it was good. Not GREAT but good! YOU GUYS made it good! Thank you for anyone who stopped by, and see you at AX!! ^7^<3